Wednesday, 24 March 2010

10 Ways To Procrastinate Writing Your Novel

Write 10 blog posts. (HA, you thought I was going to write something useful!)
Is it bad that I'm more dedicated to a blog I've had for three weeks than something that's actually really important to me? Maybe, just a little?


On the first day of writing, my true muse gave to me
A book that I really must read
On the second day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read
On the third day of writing my true muse gave to me
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
And a book that I really must read
On the fourth day of writing my true muse gave to me
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read
On the fifth day of writing my true muse gave to me
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read
On the sixth day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read
On the seventh day of writing my true muse gave to me
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read!
On the eighth day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read
On the ninth day of writing my true muse gave to me
Nine Starbucks serving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read
On the tenth day of Christmas my true muse gave to me
Ten cats a-meowing
Nine Starbucks serving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read
On the eleventh day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Eleven debtors phoning
Ten cats a-meowing
Nine Starbucks serving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read
On the twelfth day of writing my true muse gave to me
Twelve piles of laundry
Eleven debtors phoning
Ten cats a-meowing
Nine Starbucks seving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
AND A BOOK THAT I REALLY MUST........ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!
*Thunderous Applause*
Thank you, thank you, yes, I am amused at my own cleverness... thank you! Thank you!
And now... off to write? Thirteenth day the charm?
You know it's SO lucky.
XOXO

3 comments:

Lisa and Laura said...

Ok, that is hilarious. Seriously. And the entire time I was reading I kept thinking about the irony of the fact that the entire post is pretty much an exercise in procrastination. Love it.

Jenita said...

Wonderful procrastination, dear, simply wonderful...

Although, broken clocks, french baguettes, and brand new pens ought to help with writing as much as they hurt, shouldn't they?

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Yuppers, this is what I do when I procrastinate. This and philosophize, but no one wants to read that!
Broken clocks help me procrastinate because I only use them to limit video game time, french baguettes are ten times as delicious when eaten with friends, and brand new pens inspire me to write essays, not stories. :) But it's the youtube links that always get me. Them and wikipedia!