Friday, 12 March 2010

4:30 strikes again!

My 4:30 boredom attack. It's a brutal pattern, shall we try to defeat it?
Well, I was trying to procrastinate writing earlier (as I'm doing now) and thought of how I only ever write fantasy. That's all well and dandy, I love fantasy, but perhaps I'm missing out a little? It's a cardinal rule of life that every genre contains a little of some other genre within it. So, what am I going to do?
Stretch myself, friends.
I have placed four empty word documents on my desktop, and they are labled thusly; Mystery, Horror, Romance, Non-Fantasy Fiction. And I will write in each weekly, and post the results on this blog. Now, I'm going to have to warn you, I'm going to try to get to the core of each of these genres, and the results may be ugly, but there are certain rules I'll adhere to.
For Horror: No vampires. None.
For Romance: No overly physical scenes (please and thank you!).
For Fiction: No overly-obnoxious teenage angst
For Mystery: No murdering butlers.
:D
Shall we get started?

No comments: