Saturday, 13 March 2010

Ah, what wonders. :)


Just finished reading The Running Man by Stephen King (under Bachman) and, I have to say, I love books that you can sit down and read in an afternoon. I've been reading Bleak House, and that takes a little longer, partly because it's long, partly because I can only handle so much at a time. I have to read Dickens in a british accent, you see, and it gets quite exhausting after a while.
So, what now? After King, I figure I should finish my current fantasy (The Red Wolf Conspiracy by Robert V.S. Redick) and head back to Lord of the Rings, which I've never actually read. I know, it's horrible, being a fantasy writer and all, but I ruined it by trying to read it too early, just after I read the Hobbit, and haven't had the courage to start back up again. I'm a horrible reader, as I've said before, and usually prefer writing. But how can I trust myself as a writer if I don't read? And reading isn't horrid, I really like it, just... it's exhausting. Oddly enough. I swear, I burn more calories reading than cleaning the house.
Well, I should go write - by the way, I've decided not to post weekly word counts. I have so much time on my hands, I won't write as much as it seems I should, but even if I spend minimal time writing, my word count could be large enough to discourage anyone who doesn't have as much time as I do. So I'll keep those gems to myself. :)
It's been a good day (besides the massive amount of inappropriate snacking whilst reading), and it's going to be a good night, God willing, spent conversing with my characters. XOXO

3 comments:

Jenita said...

I actually agree with you about Lord of the Rings -- it's difficult to get through, and it takes quite a bit of time, but it's not unenjoyable. I've actually been making an attempt every two years or so since second grade, so I figure I'll get through it eventually. In the meantime, I'll enjoy what I can get. =]

Jenita said...

Also, hi!

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Hi! Yeah, I'm reading the first one now - I just finished the Red Wolf Conspiracy. I need to get through it before college next year - fingers crossed!