Saturday, 3 April 2010

Eight to Five?

Wait, seriously? You can finish writing? As in, I've reached a good word count, that's enough - really?
Because I definitely did not know that. Ah, the joys of being a procrastinator. I always sit down to write mid-day, get up a few times, actually start writing mid-evening, and get a good-enough word count down by the time I'm yawning for sleep. Actually, it's more of a scene count than word count. After Scene 2 of the day, I start to go, pfffft. I write fairly long scenes, so that's pretty good normally. That's just how I write. But today was different. Today I started writing at 3ish, and got my normal amount done by 6ish. I had no idea what to do with myself. Part of me what whispering, "Keep writing!" but it was soon silenced by the part of me that reasoned, "Part of the reason you procrastinate so much is because you know, once you start typing, you won't let yourself stop until bedtime. That's a habit that, once broken, will teach you not to procrastinate!"
So, I don't know if it's working, but I'll hope so.
Happy Easter Weekend! And have a wonderful day tomorrow!
Here is my poem, it's about one of the cities in my story, an old song written many many years before. :) And my MC guy sings it, which, by the way, is super sexy. Just thought I'd say. :) Ah, the crush on the main character- please tell me I'm not the only one. Really? Please?


In the path of the forest rain,
Summer delight and winter pain,
Corin, a city of wars long passed,
Sings of things that didn’t last

Once the armor of Corin shone,
The city, a fortress all alone,
But time has passed and now she waits,
Darkwood and stone her city gates

Of mountain stone they made her walls,
Red blood mixed by fire-falls,
Of courage strong they made her heart,
Till the gates of the city are torn apart

And here she waits, and here she sings,
Here she drinks from mountain-springs,
Armies shout, and countries war,
And trouble comes from eastern shore.

No comments: