Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Pizza, Anyone?

So, we just got back from Venice - EEK! - and it was magical. Although the picture above wasn't taken in Venice; it was taken on a small town in the Riviera, which I cannot for the LIFE of me remember at this particular moment. (I'll find out for you, friends!) And half the time was spent in the car, can any of my authorly friends agree that road trips are incredibly good for a tired, overworked imagination that needs to wander free?

So, I took ya'lls advice (hehe, ya'lls...) and didn't write anything, excepting the part of a query letter I was having difficulty with, and from then on it was just me and my mind, wildly wandering. And Italy.

Can I even begin to describe how gorgeous it was to drive through the Italian Alps and then the Italian Riviera in May? (I better be able, I'm an author, dang-nab it! I promise!) Well, just imagine every corny, overpicteresque, unbelievably stunningly beautiful movie about Italy you've ever seen that made you think, "Yeah right it looks like that."
.
.
.
Authors! It looks like that!!!
See?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Seriously, pretty, right? And Venice itself was gorgeous too! Canals winding through the city, cobblestone streets and stone bridges, a cafe on every corner, whistling gondaliers, violins playing in the twilight, sparkling carnival masks in the windows...

(See? I am an author!)


And gelato? YUM.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Anyway, that's my post about Venice/Italy. I'll be back as regular tomorrow, and in the meantime, I have a monstrosity to unpack and a room to pull back into some sort of order. Oh, and about a billion blogs to catch up on. *sigh*
XOXO

4 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I haven't been to Italy/Venice since I was nine. It looks just like I remember. :)

Creepy Query Girl said...

beeeeeautiful! I loved the pics - so glad you had a good time!

Alesa Warcan said...

Welcome back! Lovely pics... The cat pic is supernatural, though. That's my cat! How did she get there? ; j

Good luck on catching up on your blogs. I left for three days and I had over a hundred missed posts to catch up on. It's amazing how quickly it piles up.

Sounds like you had a great trip! Congrats!


@Stina: I expect that large chunks of Venice proper haven't changed overmuch in the last hundred years. : j

Robin said...

I have decided I must come to visit you, and soon. This comment is more of an update rather, because I HAD to let you know that in less than 20 minutes I will be in YOUR Astoria. =]We're at the Tolovana Inn at Cannon Beach. I've been thinking about you all morning, and want you to COME HOME. Or maybe, I should find a way to come over there...hm..anyway. I love you, Bethany!