Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Bleckity Bleck Bleck

Authors, I don't feel well today! Send me soup? :D


Seriously though, all sickness aside, my day is looking up! Very much partly because of Janet @ Janet Sumner Johnson who MAJORLY made my day by awarding me this fantabulous award! :D

Yay! Isn't that sweet of her? You all know how much I love these things, they make me all warm/fuzzy inside! :D

And authors, I will totally pass this award on! But not today! Why!?!? (Hint: you'll never know!)

Anywho, superhappyawesomeness aside, I wanted to give you all some links today, because I think you're awesome, and deserve way more awesomeness than I can give on one humble blog. But I didn't prepare any links *tear* so let's check my 'favorites' and see what we come up with...

D&D Character Name Generator - for the EPIC names! (Warning: massive name editing required. Unless you really want to name your character Nerisatris Graveltoes, who happens to be a female gnome monk.)

The Very Merry Seamstress - Um, I have no reason for this, except I have a love for Renaissance clothing! :D

Easy Crossword Puzzles - Because who doesn't need another reason to procrastinate?

Official Names of Groups of Animals - Did you know a group of rattlesnakes is named a Rhumba? Or a group of twelve cows is called a flink?

How to Do 1950s Makeup - .... yes, authors, I know your question. "How does this help us write?"
I don't know!

Insults We've Lost - What exactly does it mean when someone calls you a noddypole? Or a dunderwhelp? Or a wallydrag?

The Front Fell Off - Because who doesn't love oil tanker humor?

How To Be A Successful Evil Overlord - There's no reason why this is on my favorites. None at all... ;)

Stupid Courtroom Quotations -
Lawyer: "You say that the stairs went down to the basement?"
Witness: "Yes."
Lawyer: "And these stairs, did they go up also?"


Lawyer: "Did you ever stay all night with this man in New York?"
Witness: "I refuse to answer that question.
Lawyer: "Did you ever stay all night with this man in Chicago?"
Witness: "I refuse to answer that question.
Lawyer: "Did you ever stay all night with this man in Miami?"
Witness: "No."


Lawyer: "Are you married?"
Witness: "No, I'm divorced."
Lawyer: "And what did your husband do before you divorced him?"
Witness: "A lot of things I didn't know about."

Lawyer: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go, gone also, would he have brought you, meaning you and she, with him to the station?"
Other Lawyer: "Objection. That question should be taken out and shot."

AHAHAHAHA!
So... there you are! Believe it or not, most of these have helped me during writing at some point or another. Do you have any resources that shouldn't have helped you out, but surprisingly enough, did? Like, people look at you all weird (like you looked at me when you clicked the link to Insults We Have Lost - yes, I saw you) and say, "How does that even help?" Any at all?


Now, I believe I'm going to get some writing done before my sick-feelingness drives me back into my comfy warm bed. ladeeda!*
XOXO
Bethany
*I have no idea why I started singing there, it just happened. Does that happen to you?

4 comments:

Bridge Marie said...

Great links! I especially love the Renaissance clothing one.

Tahereh said...

awww! congrats on your award, and thanks for the awesome links!!

but you GET BETTER SOON!!

*sends virtual soup*

<333333

Janet Johnson said...

Virtual soup sent. Hope you feel better soon!

Great sites. Love the lawyer one. I've heard a few other questions that should be taken out and shot! :)

And you totally deserve the award. Here you are sick, and I've still got a big grin from your post.

Sandy Shin said...

*hugs* I hope you'll feel better soon!

Also, thanks for the links. They're fabulous!