Monday, 14 June 2010

So I WAS Going to Be All Writerly and Stuff..

And post like a genuine blog post. Alas! There's SO MUCH awesomeness going on in the blogsphere that I think that's where my main energy is going. :D



As some of you may know, I've only recently joined the ranks of aspiring YA authors. I mean, I've been an aspiring author for years *sigh* (jk you know I love it, authors! YOUKNOWISOTOTALLYDO!) And while high fantasy is, and always will be, my heart, my love, my light, (my chocolate cake), I've really started enjoying the YA novel I've been writing in lately. The name: Anticipate. The place: Band Camp. The time: Senior Year.


It's gonna be nifty, I tells ya! Anywho, I've been writing in it for actually a couple months (on and off, my fantasy novel really has been the center of my life) and I've kind of been confused. Like, YA is a completely different thing to write. So imagine my awesomeness surprise when Elana Johnson, Lisa and Laura Roecker, Jamie Harrington, Shannon Messenger, and Casey McCormick announced this radically nifty announcement:



























Plus they're also having contests, so go click the links and win stuffs! YAY!






Another contest is over at The Siren's Song where you can win AWESOME books and an ARC of




How cool is that?
Go check it out!



So, I still have room for a writerly post yes? But then I got this awesome news!


from the super-sweet Joanne Brothwell @ Thoughts Interred in Phase. Thanks so much! (isn't she awesome? She's awesome. Go check out her blog, it's awesome too!) So here's what I'm supposed to do, share 7 things about myself and link on to 15 bloggers who I think are awesome.

SADLY, it's 2:30 pm and I haven't done anything in my real life so far (had a really busy morning.) so here's what I'll do: If you read this blog, I think you're awesome, and if you put up with my randomness, I think you're pretty versatile, so consider yourself tagged! But because I know that's lame, I'll also pass on this award to 5 of the awesome new blogs I've been following recently. :D
(I'm also skimping because my brother just got home from college, and we're off to play SSB)

Cheree Smith @ Justified Lunacy
Nicole MacDonald @ damsel in a dirty dress
Cole Gibsen @ Hair Dye & Samurai
Jemi Fraser @ Just Jemi
j.leigh.bailey @ Stories of the Drakon

All of these bloggers are fantastic, I so recommend them!
And 7 random things about me....
1. I will listen to everything musical, UNLESS the beat is off.
2. I love drummers. I love percussionists even more. If you don't know the difference, join marching band. :D
3. Summer is one of my favorite times of year, but...
4. I hate getting hot. I prefer the cold.
5. I never wear a matching pair of socks unless they're brand new and still rolled together
6. If you put me in an office supply store and set me loose, I'll never leave
7. Ditto for bookstores.
All right, I promise I'll be back tomorrow (maybe later today) with a blog post that isn't like, "LOOK AT ALL THE SHINY CONTESTS AND AWARDS!!" Even though those posts are super fun, I always feel like I'm cheating somehow. :)
KISSES, AUTHORS!
XOXO <-- Sometimes I'm a tad bit reduntant.
Bethany

14 comments:

j.leigh.bailey said...

YA Authors are cool...you should totally be one...*peer pressure*

Thank you so much for the Versatile Blogger Award! That's so sweet. You are fantastic!

Lisa said...

YOU ROCK! So does Zelda...=)

tristarfivestar said...

just dropping by ! any way your blog is really interesting.
And the 7 things about you were pretty entertaining to read

Tahereh said...

so awesome! thanks for all the linkage, and CONGRATS on your award! :D

Sandy Shin said...

Ooh, yay! Another high fantasy lover. YA and high fantasy are very different, but I have special loves for YA high fantasy.

And thank you for the link to WriterOnCon! I'm definitely participating.

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Congrats on the award.

Awesome news on the Writeoncon.com. I'm gonna check that out. :)

Marsha Sigman said...

Congrats on the award! You totally deserve it! And thanks for all the links!

Janet Johnson said...

Congrats on the awards. I'm so with you on getting lost in bookstores. :)

Lisa Marie Miles said...

Me too on #6 & #7! I love that you don't wear matching sock!

Jade said...

I'm so excited about WriteonCon since the commute to the US is a bit of a bitch for me. Who put that ocean in the way?

I'm with you on the whole summer thing. I LOVE it but I hate being hot. I also HATE winter and HATE being cold.

Vicki Rocho said...

Writercon is an amazing undertaking, I hope I can make it work on my end!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks so much for the award!! :) You made my Monday!

I totally agree with loving summer and preferring to be cold - writers are such complex creatures!

Stephanie Thornton said...

Congrats on your award- definitely deserved!

And I'm with you and Jemi- I love summer, but hate to be hot.

Missed Periods said...

So, a drummer's not a percussionist? Looks like I am going to have to join the marching band.