Friday, 20 August 2010

Guess That Character Day 2!!!

Hello! Today is the big unmasking! *dundunDUUUUNNNNN*


But first I'd like to say I'm SO SORRY I didn't get around to visiting all the participants' blogs. I read a lot of them, and they were all amazing, but yesterday got a little out of control. For all new followers *waves* *I LOVE YOU! :D* I'm leaving France in a week (OMGIT'SONLYAWEEKIGOTTAPACK!) and so I've been a bit busy preparing for uni and everything. Oh, PS, yesterday my dad got back from the states and brought me my brand new...
MACBOOK!

I've been a faithful windows user my whole life, but I wanted to try the Macbook. And so yesterday was devoted to setting it up - including installing windows office, because I can't quite let go yet. *sniffle*

ANYwho...

I really am sorry that I missed out on all your wonderful entries, and I'll really try to make it around today, although it may take a couple of days because I still have lots to do.
ONTO the blogfest!

Heeeeeere's Kydi!


(P.S. Yes, that's Kristen Stewart)
Kydi lives in the royal city, she's sharp, resourceful, and hasn't figured out exactly what her morals are yet. She wants desperately to leave the country she's in, but is unable to do so without money, which is what led her to her life of crime. ;) She's good at what she does, and has a blast doing it, but she also has a mischievous side, which gets her into lots and lots of trouble. At first glance, she's very jaded and sarcastic, but it only takes a few moments to realize that she's naturally sweet. Oh, and she's kind of small because she's underfed, her eyes are green, her hair is actually kind of reddish, but so dark it could almost be black, she slumps, but when she stands straight she's tall(ish) and she's got a fairly athletic build.
TA-DAH!
Interesting sidenote: Kydi was supposed to be the reincarnation of Kiami, a heroine I adored from a story I wrote in middle/high school, but she quickly became her own person, so I had to save Kiami for another story. This has happened twice. *sigh* (No worries, Kiami found her own story recently!)
Actually, a lot of you were really REALLY close, or exactly spot on. The closest was probably Vicki Rocho who said, "a thief! woo hoo. She's got dark hair obviously, and long (past the middle of her back) slightly curly/wavy and definitely unruly which is why she likes to tie it back.She's slender and cat-like quick. Big eyes. Unusual. Maybe green or hazel? Impish smile."
(I liked the impish smile especially. :D)
AWWW HUGS YOU GUYS! Cause you're all awesome, and some of your guesses were so in sync with her character it made me think, 'Hmm, maybe I should change how she looks...' But in the end, Kydi refused to change. Silly girl.
Seriously, you guys are awesome!!!
XOXO
Bethany

19 comments:

Christine Danek said...

Awesome! Great job! It's neat to see the reveal.
Have a great weekend!

Damyanti said...

I wasn't close, but good to see her finally!

And, welcome to the Aplle world...you'll love your Mac always after you've given yourself a bruise banging your head trying to figure it out for a few days :) Enjoy!

Talli Roland said...

Great reveal! She looks like quite the character!

Jen said...

Way to go Vicki!!! She's on a roll today! I have seen her being the winner on quite a few of these. Kydi looks like one hell of a character!!

Thanks so much for playing... this was even bigger than I could have ever imagined!

Meredith said...

I can see how she fits that character--love it! Have fun with your Macbook :)

Joanne Brothwell said...

If Kydi is anything like how Kristin Stewart looks, I bet she's a lot of fun!

There's just something about Kristin - part bitchy, part cute, part vulnerable. It works.

Christina Lee said...

OOOHHHH BAD-A**! Nice!

Renae said...

Oh this is a good one, I love her hair in this picture! Well done!

Vicki Rocho said...

AWESOME! My bruised ego is restored again. I've found I'm either spot-on or dead wrong (like describing the wrong gender....can't get more off than that). I like to dwell on the victories though.

This was a lot of fun!

Summer Ross said...

This is a great photo for your MC, the dark looks and mysteriousness flow right in with the snippet you gave yesterday. thanks for posting

Susan Fields said...

I actually didn't do too bad on this one (if I do say so myself). :) I love your choice of Kristen Stewart - she's a great fit.

Creepy Query Girl said...

I got here too late! I love your mc's name! Is it pronounced like 'Keidi' or 'Kitty'? Or maybe neither and I completely missed how its pronounced.

Creepy Query Girl said...

PS- You were right on target about Sage!

Brenda Drake said...

Pfft, I was almost right. :D

Jemi Fraser said...

I didn't get around to everyone else yesterday either - it's been a crazy week!

This is a great character :)

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Great picture. I was no way near close, but I enjoyed reading your snippet.
Don't worry, I didn't get round everyone either :(

Steph Sinkhorn said...

I can definitely see that incarnation of Kristen Stewart in the scene you wrote yesterday. Great job!

Missed Periods said...

After reading your scene, I can totally see that. On a side note, Kristen Stewart's hair looks amazing in that pic.

Francine said...

Hi,

Great piece of writing, great reveal.

Sorry I missed your entry, and I damn well thought I'd signed up to everyone's blogs so I that I didn't miss one! Better luck next time blogfest: I've friended you! ;)

best
F