Monday, 20 December 2010

This is For You Holiday Procrastinators

The disastrous first quarter of university is now officially over. I loved it in a beautiful mess sort of way (excepting my math class, that was just simple hatred) and it mostly loved me back. Hopefully my several month long hiatus is at an end, and I'll be able to get back to writing, doing dances about how much I love writing, writing posts about writing, and writing posts about how Legend of Zelda helps my writing. :)
(P.S. I have an Xbox 360 now. Maybe posts about how Halo influences my battle scenes?)
In celebration of Christmas and getting scrivener (yippee!), I've decided to bring back one of the songs I wrote way back in the beginning of my blogging days. To the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas.
Happy Holidays! XOXO
Bethany

On the first day of writing, my true muse gave to me
A book that I really must read

On the second day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the third day of writing my true muse gave to me
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
And a book that I really must read

On the fourth day of writing my true muse gave to me
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the fifth day of writing my true muse gave to me
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the sixth day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the seventh day of writing my true muse gave to me
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read!

On the eighth day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the ninth day of writing my true muse gave to me
Nine Starbucks serving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the tenth day of Christmas my true muse gave to me
Ten cats a-meowing
Nine Starbucks serving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the eleventh day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Eleven debtors phoning
Ten cats a-meowing
Nine Starbucks serving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the twelfth day of writing my true muse gave to me
Twelve piles of laundry
Eleven debtors phoning
Ten cats a-meowing
Nine Starbucks seving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
AND A BOOK THAT I REALLY MUST........ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!
*Thunderous Applause*

3 comments:

Lisa Aldin said...

YEAH!

SCRIVENER is a LIFE SAVER. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Happy Holidays!

Robin said...

pssssst! You've been nominated for an award on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David