Monday, 25 April 2011

Steampunk and Synopsis!


Hello! Well, thanks to all of you and AbsoluteWrite, my query is now almost completely ready to go. :) Now, however, I'm writing a synopsis, and I feel even more confused than I did with my query.

Help?

Do any of you have any favorite sites/pieces of advice about the synopsis? I've googled as much as a teenager can (that's a lot) and still feel confused. I know basics - present tense, not too much detail, don't bore the reader - but how does one do that? What do you include? Major plot points, yes, but how do you keep the voice?

Internet cookies to anyone who tells me! :)
OH!
And speaking of the internet, I did some research in how to dress up steampunk and basically got, "It's a made up era. Go with what you want, mixing victorian/industrial/modern fashions." Well... ok, I did. You guys ready? Now for a reminder, this is me:

Now this is me in steampunk:



You like it? It's the best I can do on a small amount of money and little time. :) I had a blast though!!



I guess I still do dress-up.


In case you're wondering, this was my makeup:

(Yes, that is a pocket watch around my neck. :D)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay for the query being almost done, but ugh to synopsis writing. Check out the weekly links on http://childrenspublishing.blogspot.com
They have some great links that might help.

Lisa Gail Green said...

I hate synopses. I wish I had better news or a magic formula but I don't. If you google, I'm sure you'll get the right info on format. Then just work at it, tweak it till it's right. LOVE THE COSTUME btw!! Awesome.

Marsha Sigman said...

OHHHH, I hates the synopsis! I went back and read over your query. You know I love that story and you were getting some great advice. Check out querytracker.net for sure. They have lots of great advice, more than I have time to impart...lol. You are gonna be awesome!! And love the outfit!

L.G.Smith said...

You did a great job pulling off the steampunk look. How fun!

And, uh, the synopsis was created by evil demons in order to torture us poor human writers.

Phil Hall said...

Wow! Looks cool! More please! I wonder if some brass buttons on that corset would be an interesting flair...

Regardless, you look amazing. :)

Vicki Rocho said...

Not much help with the synopsis, I'm afraid. I think I've heard/read that it's not expected to maintain the voice in the synopsis.

Love the pocket watch necklace!