Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Almost There!



Sun is gleaming, birds are singing, summer is almost here! Just one more day and I'm done!
The problem will be writing productively over that break. Because, let's face it, I don't have time to write over the school year. So summer's all I got. Let's do this!! :)

There've been a lot of good posts around about setting goals, and I haven't set a goal in a long time. But this summer, things are different! I'm going to get stuff done, gosh darn it! Starting with:

A) 5,000 new words a week - in the same WIP. Not too difficult, not unachievable, and a good minimum. If I'm dying to write a shiny new idea, I can, but not at the expense of those 5,000 words. :)

B) Send two personalized queries a week, on average. By the end of the summer, I'll have sent out around 30 queries, carefully personalized. Again, this is just a minimum.

C) Work 1 theme into the blog. You know, like Truth Tuesdays or Wordy Wednesdays. I'm thinking Video Game Mondays - what do you think? Maybe I'll do a poll or something. :) Speaking of...

D) Keep a regular blog schedule. M/W/F. I've done pretty well the past few weeks, so hopefully this'll be easy!

E) Lose 18 pounds. Yeah, I know. We'll see.

F) Finish the dang synopsis by July.

G) Get up every morning by 9:30

H) Do a thirty minute workout three days a week.

I) Don't waste time!


There you are! My summer goals! Let's see how well I stick to them, shall we?
What about you? Any awesome summer goals you've got prepared? Write them out so you don't forget!!

XOXO
Bethany


10 comments:

Cheree said...

Fantastic goals. It's a long time till Summer here, but I think setting a goal on writing and how many queries to send out is a great idea. I'll have to force myself to set those sorts of goals as well.

Bethany Robison said...

I love that! Not 17, not 19, but EIGHTEEN pounds :). You're adorable, best of luck with all of it. You have my email address if there's anything I can do to help!

Phil Hall said...

J) Finish reading "Memories of the Dead," and give Phil feedback along the way! lol

:)

L.G.Smith said...

I'm in the development stage of a new project, so I'm not going to set any writing/word count goals yet. I just want to come up with a solid idea for a new novel.

Yay for summer!

Janet Johnson said...

Sounds like some good goals! Best of luck with them. :) I've been keeping the exercise one, but the writing hasn't gone as well as I'd like. :( Definitely need to work on it.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

When I was querying my last project, I'd planned to send out 5 each week. But I became distracted by my SNI and forgot to query.

I'm trying to finish my current WIP before the kids are out for the summer, because after that I won't have much writing time.

Missed Periods said...

Happy writing! A summer spent writing sounds dreamy.

Lisa Gail Green said...

If you can stick to most of those you will be my hero. :D The one I can say for sure is getting up by 9:30. Not because I want to, but because my own kids are early risers. :D

Talli Roland said...

Those sound like great goals! And they sound doable, too. Let us know how you get on!

Sangu said...

I love those goals! They sound a lot like mine last summer :-) Good luck getting on with them, let us know how it goes!