Wednesday, 13 July 2011

In Which Bethany Falls In Love With Fantasy....

Ya'll know I'm a fantasy writer, and it follows that I'm a fantasy reader. Sometimes life bogs me down and it takes a long time to finish a book, especially a 660 something page book (clocking in at over 209k). That said, today's post is going to be short, since I'm almost done with the book and must MUST finish it soon.

I'll be a little absent in blogging world!

But what book, you ask? Why, the deceptively smallish looking (it looks like a 300 page book from the outside - thin paper) Gardens of the Moon, by Steven Erikson.
gardens-of-the-moon-limited.jpg
(Not the cover I have, but it's preeeeety)

I will probably offer up a full review of this book sometime soon (maybe Friday) but for now I want to finish it. :)

What have you read recently that took precedence over your life? :)

XOXO
Bethany
P.S. I probably won't be posting next week. I'm going to visit friends and family in the Tri-Cities, so I may be rather silent on the internet. :)

13 comments:

Marsha Sigman said...

There's been a lot of debuts recently in different genres so it's kept me busy. But I need to finish all of Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. That may take a week or so.lol

Bryce Daniels said...

I am primarily a thriller fan, and Greg Iles is one of my faves. I don't know how I missed it before, but "The Quiet Game" landed in my hands recently.
Darned thing won't come unglued, either.

L.G.Smith said...

Game of Thrones and Creep are the two novels that recently took over my life. I haven't worked up the energy to tackle Martin's second book in the Fire and Ice series yet, but I will soon.

Christina Lee said...

I am kind of in the middle of three at the same time (I do that a lot)--so yeah lots of reading! Have fun next week!

Rebecca Kiel said...

Jennifer Weiner's Fly Away Home. She is just so darn good at weaving in backstory without slowing the pace of the novel. Have a good trip.

Lisa Gail Green said...

Love that feeling! Have fun!!

Talli Roland said...

Have a great trip and enjoy your break! :)

Laila Knight said...

Thanks for the heads up on fantasy reading. I'm a fantasy writer too. :)

Sangu said...

When I first started reading the Song of Ice and Fire books (I only discovered them earlier this year, so I got my hands on the first four all at once), they kind of took over my life - and dreams - for a while! Lately... hmm... I can't think of anything that's taken over, but I think that's mostly because I've had so little time to read recently :-(

The Golden Eagle said...

I'll have to check out that book--I love Fantasy.

Hope you have a great time next week! :)

Lynda R Young said...

Yep, I love fantasy too. It has a way of taking over hehehe. Enjoy your week visiting friends and family.

Leslie Rose said...

I am currently hooked on Libba Bray's BEAUTY QUEENS. I'm listening to the audio book read by Libba so I wander around my house with my iPod on because it's so hilarious I can't push stop.

Matthew MacNish said...

The only fantasy I've read lately is George R.R. Martin, but it's amazing.