Wednesday, 7 September 2011

The Future Is Exciting!




This is a business post. A take-care-of-details post. But it'll be awesome nonetheless!

Firstly, I'm approaching 150 followers (eek - love you guys!) and I think that's about time for a contest, no? Yes! Prizes to be decided, but they'll be really cool. So when I reach 150 followers, I'll announce the contest.

Secondly, there's this really awesome Rule of Three Blogfest going on in October, hosted by Damyanti, JC Martin, Lisa Vooght, and Stuart Nager.



REN3

Basically it's a chance for writers to show off and have fun writing about the town of Renaissance in whatever genre they like. (I thought it would make an awesome steampunk story, but I haven't read enough steampunk to write a good story in that genre.)
I'd definitely recommend signing up, it'll be fun. I know you're all busy with campaigning right now, but it doesn't start till October!

Thirdly, I was tagged by the always-super-sweet Suzie F. over at My Not So Secret Writing Life - her blog is wonderful, go check it out!
Back?
Awesome. The tag is

and I'm supposed to tell you ten things about me that won't scare you away. :) So...

1. I'm more into tea than coffee
2. Target is my favorite store EVER
3. My fav color is orange (can you tell?)
4. I love reading/writing fantasy
5. I'm currently debating if I want a marketing major
6. I'm already doing an English major
7. I don't ever plan on writing fiction as a day job (but how COOL would that be?)
8. I want to be a fiction editor someday.
9. Cat-In-The-Hat scares the daylights out of me.
10. Yet I love Dr. Seuss.

:)

I think that's it! Have a SUPER fantastic Wednesday!
XOXO
Bethany


23 comments:

The Golden Eagle said...

Well, your blog is between yellow and red . . . ;)

I don't really plan to depend on writing fiction as a day job, either. It would be fun, but you'd have to be really successful at what you do!

Angela Ackerman said...

Cat-in-the-Hat Jim Carrey, or CITH in general? Inquiring minds want to know! :) Grats on closing in on 150! That's fabulous!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Marsha Sigman said...

I want writing to be my day job. Because accounting is boring as hell. But then I would probably become a hermit and write all day and not shower and do all my shopping online. So maybe not.

I do like orange.

L.G.Smith said...

I say double major!!

Editor would be a cool job. I should have done that. :)

Janet Johnson said...

The Cat in the Hat scares me, too! How funny. :D

Christina Lee said...

You had me at TARGET!!!! ((hugs))

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Target is my 9 yo's favorite store too. Funny, because we don't have any in Canada. Yet. And he's only been to one in the states once.

Lauren W. said...

You would make a TERRIFIC editor Bethany!

(Dr. Seuss, Fraggle Rock, and The Dark Crystal still seriously creep me out)

Lynda R Young said...

haha yes! The Cat-in-the-hat is a scary looking character!
Congrats on your almost 150 followers :)

Carol Kilgore said...

Thanks for following my blog - you have only two more followers now to reach 150.

I love orange, too :)

Missed Periods said...

I'm with you on the Target and the orange, but I'm a coffee girl.

Congrats on your 150!

Talli Roland said...

Why am I nor surprised orange is your fav colour? :) I always love learning little tidbits about my blogging buddies.

Talli Roland said...

Oops - NOT! Sorry!

Kelley said...

I love tags and get to know you tags especially. And I fully support #5, sounds awesome to me :)

BornStoryteller said...

Hi Bethany: thanks for joining The Rule of Three BlogFest, and really for pushing it here.

Yes, we hope it will be big fun for writers. I encourage you to try Steam Punk. I'm taking it upon myself to do a genre I don't normally play in. I actually have to finish the teaser story I started.

Looking forward to reading your work.

BornStoryteller said...

Just so you know, as a member of The Rule of Three Writers Challenge, I've mentioned your blog and passed on (if you want it) the Versatile Bloggers Award. You can find the information here: http://wp.me/p1mecg-ek

Thanks for joining, and Welcome to Renaissance!

li said...

Thanks for the shoutout on the blogfest...nice to meet you! And I'm with you on Target, they're FINALLY opening one near me in Oct and I'm pretty excited :-) RuleOfThreeBlogfest

E.R. King said...

Great to get to know you! I'm a new follower, and I like your orange background, too.

Carolyn V said...

The Cat in the Hat drives me crazy. It's a book my kids always want me to read over...and over...and over! ;)

Jemi Fraser said...

I love Dr Seuss too - but the Cat never did it for me either :)

Susan Fields said...

The orange in your blog certainly caught my attention - it's so pretty!

Creepy Query Girl said...

fun colors! I'm more into tea too. But I gotta have my coffee first thing in the morning! Looks like lots of fun stuff coming up on the blogosphere:)

Morgan said...

Wow, I'm actually incredibly surprised to see so many people are afraid of the Cat and the Hat. I loved that book when I was little...but of course, I liked anything that had a cat in it :P