Wednesday, 30 November 2011

This Might Be The One!


First off, I'd like to thank everyone who commented on my last post - thank you all so much for your kind words. The last month and a half or so has been brutal, but there's always tomorrow, and if tomorrow isn't better, the day after that. Really, everyone's support meant a lot to me.

Today, on a happier note, I'd like to announce that I have come up with another idea for a YA fantasy! Paranormal, rather. This one, however, I feel so much more comfortable about. It may end up being non-YA, but the protagonist is sixteen or seventeen. It's a little dark.

This, also, is why fanfiction is such an awesome thing. No, I wasn't writing it when I had the idea, but I was thinking about it. Really, it gets such a bad wrap but is actually a fantastic writing exercise.

Have you had any awesome ideas lately? Where did they come from?



XOXO
Bethany


10 comments:

E.R. King said...

Congrats on the new book idea! It feels good to get the creative juices flowing. Have fun writing it!

Lisa Aldin said...

Hooray for new book ideas!

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

fanfiction is all for the love of writing and I can totally respect that.

My ideas come from random what-if questions I have always asked myself but now I have an outlet to explore them.

Congrats on the inspirations!

Marsha Sigman said...

Mine come from everywhere. One sprung full formed into my head after a random comment from a co-worker.

Strange...

Each day is another chance to change things.

Susan R. Mills said...

I love it when I get a shiny new book idea! And as for your last post, I hope whatever it is that's bothering you is on the mend. I'll be thinking about you.

The Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the new idea! :)

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

I've never attempted fanfiction. I really should take a stab at it, one day. My latest plot ideas have all come from my travels abroad. Don't think I'll ever run out of inspiration from my trips!

Lisa Gail Green said...

Cool! I love when I get a fun new idea. :D

Talli Roland said...

I love new ideas! Well, hmm. I've had my head down for the past few months, but I've still had ideas niggling away. They usually come at night, when I'm trying to sleep!

JennaQuentin said...

Ideas! Ideas! Hurray!

BTW, there's a blogging present for you on my blog!