Monday, 12 December 2011

In Honor Of The Holidays:

I repost this, as I do every year.
Happy Holidays!

On the first day of writing, my true muse gave to me
A book that I really must read

On the second day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the third day of writing my true muse gave to me
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
And a book that I really must read

On the fourth day of writing my true muse gave to me
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the fifth day of writing my true muse gave to me
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the sixth day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the seventh day of writing my true muse gave to me
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read!

On the eighth day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the ninth day of writing my true muse gave to me
Nine Starbucks serving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the tenth day of Christmas my true muse gave to me
Ten cats a-meowing
Nine Starbucks serving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the eleventh day of writing, my true muse gave to me
Eleven debtors phoning
Ten cats a-meowing
Nine Starbucks serving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
and a book that I really must read

On the twelfth day of writing my true muse gave to me
Twelve piles of laundry
Eleven debtors phoning
Ten cats a-meowing
Nine Starbucks seving
Eight chores a-waiting
Seven deadlines looming
Six shops a-calling
FIVE YOUTUBE LINKS
Four broken clocks
Three French baguettes
Two brand new pens
AND A BOOK THAT I REALLY MUST........ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!
*Thunderous Applause*

XOXO
Bethany

13 comments:

Janet Johnson said...

I'm sorry . . . what did you say after Three French baguettes? *drools*

Carrie Butler said...

*grins* Well done!

L.G.Smith said...

*Thunderous applause*

I really do want that book that I really must read. Santa, are you listening?


* my word verification is "a liar". I'm really NOT. I want that book. :)

Emy Shin said...

Adore this. :D

Christina Lee said...

*the room explodes in applause*

Take a bow :-)

The Golden Eagle said...

*APPLAUSE*

Happy Holidays to you, too! :)

Lisa Gail Green said...

You're going to give me nightmares about laundry...

Emily V. said...

Haha, that was awesome! :)

Carol Kilgore said...

So funny!
I love it :)

Vicki Rocho said...

How did I miss this before? Fantastic!

Nancy Thompson said...

COOL! And clever! But, uh, what's with the broken clocks?

Sangu Mandanna said...

Mmm three French baguettes. Haha love this!

Admin said...

Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment and following your blog here.

Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog and following me back too.