Wednesday, 4 January 2012

It's Been Awhile...And Honestly It Might Be A While More


Two hours + 13 problems + 3.5 years without a math class = one very frustrated college student.
I can barely finish the assignment and the idea of getting an A is laughable. I may not even pass. It's the beginning of the quarter and I've already been utterly defeated by homework.

But, as I throw down my math notebook and triumphantly staple the work together, I know that if this is what it takes, I will do it. Two hours, three hours, every single night, struggling for that ever elusive good grade. I will do it. I have a bright shiny A in my dreams, and I'm going for it.

Ain't that how writing goes?

We know, as we struggle, pray, and wrestle with words, that publishing is a distant dream. The idea of writing a best-seller? Laughable. But we do it anyway. At that very bottom point, at the depth of our self-deprication and hopelessness, that's where the tough stuff comes out.

I will do it. If it takes hours and days and weeks and months for a single paragraph, I will do it.

What about you?

Now - off to face accounting homework!

XOXO
Bethany

7 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Ahh, math. I had to struggle and struggle before I came close to getting it. I was jealous of those who just seemed to know it instantly.

Best wishes with your semester and in 2012.

Marsha Sigman said...

Ahhhh...yeah. Have fun with that.lol You know it's what I do but it's not like I love it.

Math only makes sense in terms of money to me. I try not to question that too much.

Christina Lee said...

Oh I am with all the way!!! (math--EEE)!

Carrie Butler said...

I would rather write nonstop for two days, than do a single math assignment. I feel your pain. ;)

Go, Bethany! You can do it!

Jenna Blake Morris said...

My biggest problem with math is that it bores me so much. I can't find anything interesting in it. Great writing analogy, though -- and good luck with your homework!

Lauren W. said...

I had to meet with the professor every night before a test in Organic Chemistry. It worked though, I got a B+! You can do it!

Tamara Epps said...

Wow, your determination and dedication are truly inspiring. I feel certain that you will eventually get what you are aiming for as I get the impression you won't be quitting anytime soon.