Monday, 14 January 2013

Running Late on Monday Mornings?


If you're like me, it happens an awful lot! For our characters, running late often means a plot development is about to happen - getting fired from a job, missing an important exam, or even bumping into 'the one' as she rushes to catch the bus. It can be good or bad, important or trivial - but if you're running late this morning, remember that it's not necessarily a bad thing. One extended coffee date with a good friend can be more important than getting somewhere exactly on time, five more minutes of sleep can sometimes make the day more bearable.

However, if you struggle a bit TOO much about being late, try these sites:

Here's a wealth of tools and information to help with time management

Here's a post on stress and time management from Mayo Clinic

Here's a post on time-management specifically for college students

And here's a video on Christian time management by the lovely Elizabeth George (I haven't watched it yet, but I have read her books and trust her time-managing skills).

So I'm off to hurry to school - here's to hoping my unexpected delay makes it so I find twenty dollars on the way to the bus!

XOXO
Bethany

9 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I'm one of those people who can't handle being late, though if it happens, I try not to get too stressed out. Haven't make any of my characters later--yet. :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Thanks for the links! I hate being late for anything . . . always makes me feel like I'm doing everything half-baked.

L.G. Smith said...

Yeah, being late stresses me out. I'm usually the person who gets there early.

Lisa Gail Green said...

We should take a lesson from our characters, huh? :D

Carol Kilgore said...

I'm going to read all these articles tonight. I desperately need all the help I can get on time management. Thanks!

mshatch said...

I am usually not late since it's a trait I dislike in others but sometimes there's no help for it. I'm pretty good about time management - most of the time.

Tonja said...

My husband is late every day. He does a lot of international travel and leaves the house at the last second. Drives me nuts.

(I'm having a hard time reading the text of your post with the background. Maybe if you put a solid background for the post it would be easier to read.)

Carrie Butler said...

Oh my goodness. I'm always in a last minute rush before I leave the house. Thankfully, I always pretend things are fifteen minutes earlier than they really are. ;)

Missed Periods said...

I'm obsessed with time management--probably because I witness the consequences of my students' lack of it.