Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Kettle's Boiling, Microwave's Beeping....

So today's post is short and sweet! Not to mention I received two (TWO) amazing books in the mail yesterday, and even though I have barely any time to read, I grab it where I can (usually on the bus). 

Since I'm so busy this quarter, it can be very easy for me to forget which day it is (especially since most of my classes are five days a week). This has amusingly trifled with my plans several times, especially yesterday, which felt like a Thursday but was, in fact, a Monday. If you weren't aware of that, congratulations! You're just as busy as I am! :)

Although, I don't think I've ever read a novel where a character honestly thought it was the wrong day. I've heard amusing real-life anecdotes, and I've heard characters complain about how it feels like the wrong day or missed an appointment because they forgot it was on a particular day. 

Of course, this may just be one of those things that's amusing in real life and cliche-feeling in novels, since we all live through it so much. 

What do you think? Do you have any real-life habits you'd like to see in a novel? Do you ever feel like it's Friday when it's actually Tuesday? (It is Tuesday today, by the way - I checked!)

Good luck on everyone's busy week!

XOXO
Bethany

3 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog. Your short stories are quite interesting. I think I'll be coming back for more :)

Oh, and yes,I've had moments before when I thought it was something I'd waited for only to find out I still had to wait a few days more.

Missed Periods said...

That must have been a rude awakening when you found out it was only Monday! Now, thinking it's Monday when it's really Thursday--that would be a pleasant surprise.

Em-Musing said...

I've woken up from naps not knowing the day, or where I was. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your short stories. You're a writer of my own ilk.